What is Staging and what does it mean to you! Think of it this way, if you were to sell your car you would empty it of any debris, wash and wax the exterior, clean the interior, make sure the inspections are current, replace the old wipers that are worn out and well you get the idea. Make it as shiny and perfect as possible to ensure your buyer sees a huge value and wants to pay you top dollar. It’s the same way with houses!
Staging has become a must have added benefit from any realtor worth their salt, or commission, when marketing a property. Some Realtors like myself are very talented in this arena and do the staging themselves. Other Realtors prefer to hire this service out to an interior decorator of sorts. Sometimes it can be a little of both, depending on our schedules. But the bottom line is this, who better to know what a buyer wants to see when they view your home. And its your trusted Realtor who knows best how to market your home online and in print. That’s right, your Realtor really should be the driving force behind ensuring every room is as beautiful and perfect as it can possibly be. It’s our job to get you Top Dollar and it’s our job to be the expert in all things real estate and that includes staging.
As a full service real estate provider I offer my clients the benefit of utilizing my skills as part of their listing fee. This means no additional cost to the client, only added benefits when listing and selling their home. I have a vast selection of interior decorating items including but not limited to art work, rugs, lamps, plants and various linens. I make all of these items available to each client as needed.
Because often times staging involves the need to minimize your personal belongings, you are asked to approve all changes. In other words though you love your doll collection we may suggest it gets neatly packed away. We offer and guide you thru the staging process to make it as simple and as effective as possible. The important thing to remember is that your Realtor is giving you advice to help you meet your goals.
Here are a few pieces of advice when listing your home:
- Start at the curb because first impressions are critical. People will judge your home by what they see outside first.
- Always remember Less is More when selling a home ……. always!
- Pre pack as much as possible prior to listing your home, you have to pack it up eventually anyway.
- If it’s broke, fix it. Nobody wants to buy your old to do list. Deferred maintenance will drive your value down.
- A fresh coat of paint is the biggest bang for your buck. Stay neutral. Neutral sells.
- Outside is the new inside so remember to freshen up that patio.
- Please refrain from cooking smelly foods prior to a showing. Save your fish dinner for your new house!
- Brassy is classy, gold is old! It’s important to know the difference.
- Kitchens are the heart of the home, so if you have to focus on one room in the house make it the kitchen!
I hope these tips have helped you gain a perspective of how to prepare your home for a quick sale. For more information, please don’t hesitate to call me. I’m always available and glad to be of help!
Contact me if you would like to receive a copy of the Five Star Rated Homeowner Referral Guidebook for a list of local service companies.